What is this site?
Energy Bulletin is a news aggregator, whose co-editors collect current articles in the mainstream press, peak oil & sustainability blogs and sites, and other news media which, as we say elsewhere, "...provide insight into the implications of peak oil across broad areas including geopolitics, climate change, ecology, population, finance, urban design, health, and even religious and gender issues." We also publish original articles that are written especially for Energy Bulletin.
What is peak oil?
Peak Oil may be hard to understand for people just finding out about it for the first time, so we have provided some resources to help people get a better idea of what it is all about. See our Peak Oil Primer by Adam Grubb.
Basically, peak oil and climate change mean big changes in all aspects of life including our food, housing, transportation, and energy systems, just to mention a few. We are tracking those changes as well as ideas, commentaries and reflections about what is happening.
For example, we don't just cover peak oil, but the depletion of other natural resources, such as coal, uranium, soils, and water.
There are different approaches to these issues. While we make nods to other approaches (e.g. to survivalism, Business As Usual, Renewables Will Save Us), we emphasize the approach of localization, cultural change and rational response at a political level.
How to use the site:
- There are new articles every day. Note that some articles are posted in full, whereas other articles are groups of headlines/excerpts. Click on the titles to go to the full article at the source.
- Posts scroll off the page as others are added. You can look through them by clicking on links such as the Previous and Next links at the bottom of the page.
- To discover a number of ways in which you can contribute to Energy Bulletin see our Contribute page.
- To submit articles for moderation see our Submitting articles to Energy Bulletin page
- Don't want the Wibiya toolbar? Create a login or go to my account. Edit, then uncheck the Wibiya toolbar option.
- Below are some helpful background articles and sites.
Tips for Accessing older content
- You can look at articles that pertain to a specific subject by clicking on the the plus icons next to news by category boxes (Resources, Regions, Related Issues) to the left.
- You can find lists of articles by our top Authors, Publishers and Media Publishers, via the collapsible lists under featured content at the left side of every page.
- You can view posts which our editor's feel are of particular note by looking at the editor's picks menu at the left side of every page.
- You can view all media content here
- You can search the site for subjects of interest. In addition to the Search function on the Energy Bulletin site, you can also use Google Search, by entering text such as "By John Douglas" site:energybulletin.net or biochar Kentucky site:energybulletin.net.